Saturday, August 30, 2008

The pressure is on

Some of might read the title of this post and think they will find an entry explaining why I haven't written in more than a week and about how intensive school has been since classes began last Monday.
You would, of course, be mistaken.
I am actually referring to the pressure I am putting on Uri by posting this blog to go ahead and post the next blog himself. Now I explain: We finally bought a desktop, and then finally the university let us have a second IP address so we could connect that computer to the Internet, and then finally installed the voice-to-text software we bought before coming here. (I sort of took the whole point out of the word "finally" there, didn't I?) So, as it turns out, Uri can write in English. There are a little mistakes here and there, but as some of you bother to comment, I make a few mistakes too - don't I?
So just to clarify - Uri is perfectly capable of blogging now, and if he doesn't do it, it's because he doesn't care about any of you readers ;)

I reserve a short comment for myself - we'll go for a subtitle:
You'll understand only when you get here
Today, after a mildly useless strategic leadership course that lasted 4 hours I had a true Ivy league experience. I went to the basement floor of Cornell's undergrad library to see a one of 5 copies of the Gettysburg Address. That's the one that starts with "Four score and seven years ago" and ends with "government by the people, for the people". Then I sat down to write my first marketing case in one of the rooms of the Graduate Library. The Grad Library is in Uris Hall (though we've been calling it Uri's Hall), a building planned by William H Miller. I thought that was a bit more significant, but after writing the name, I googled it and came up with mostly nothing - I'll go back to the library and see what they have there. The point is that it's this beautiful old looking buildings, that includes a clock tower with bells. Did I already mention that they occasionally play concerts on those bells?
I sit in this beautiful room that overlooks the lake, and has so much atmosphere in it makes it seem like time goes by more slowly. This last part is very important because school has been very intensive since classes started last Monday, that is the reason I haven't blogged in more than a week.

No comments: