Friday, April 3, 2009

Apple shmapple

Yes yes... I haven't written in a while - but I had no time!!! Why don't you bug Uri about writing?  So what if he's up at all hours of the night and you actually get to talk to him.  
This week, um... these two weeks have been so busy - the only decent word that comes to mind is "silly".  
This past week my marketing class and I went on a field trip.  We visited companies, and heard interesting things that will be rel event to our jobs in the future: What does a production line look like and what implications do production capabilities have on a Brand Manager's role? What can PR do for a product launch? What are the steps taken to launch a new product? and on and on.  These are all things we learned in class, but it was interesting to see them in action, and hear practitioners speak about them based on recent experience.  
It was interesting, but very tiring.  I would go on about it, but I'm too tired...
Maybe tomorrow.
The trip ended yesterday, but I stayed on in the city for another day since I had my interview with Peeled Snacks.  i think it went well, I really never know about these things... One thing I really liked was that they all (or most) wore jeans and sensible shoes.  They also gave me a bunch of packs to try.. they are really good! I think I really like this company, they have a very well defined positioning statement/ point of differentiation that I think is very smart.  We'll see what happens.
I am now resting for a bit at Marc & Wolly's (new and awesome) apartment, and it about 30 minutes, I'll head out again to Penn Station, where I'll take the train to Philly and meet up with Shai.  He's driving in from DC.  We'll hang out for a few hours and then I'll head back.  It's kinda crazy, but it would be silly for us to be so close, and with time on our hands and not make the effort to see each other.  With that, I will finish, because I have to get ready.  

I just got this in the mail, someone from my class put this together.  It is not representative of the educational portion of the trip:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For the film's highlight, skip to 2:13 :)