Monday, March 23, 2009

Back to school

School started again, and surprise, surprise, it’s overwhelming!  A ton of work, a ton of reading, spending hours at school, hardly seeing Uri…Yey!  I’m so having pasta tonight!  I thought I might need comfort food tonight, since I’ll be in school tonight in meetings until 7pm, and then when I get back home I will still have multiple tasks (reading article for one class, solving a case and creating a slide deck for another…), and now I can completely see myself with a bowl of pasts at hand with some of the béchamel sauce Uri made last week.

I’ve wanted to share with you guys something and I haven’t found the time for it.  This really goes back to this blogs claim to be the adventure of 2 Israelis in the land of plenty.  

One of the more popular toilet paper brands in the US is “Charmin”.  I highly recommend watching the commercial below.  You will probably find yourself asking “Who are the marketing idiots that thought that cartoon bears are cute enough to make people oblivious of the fact that the commercial is discussing toilet paper being stuck to your butt when you wipe it”.


 Anyway, they have several grades of paper.  We started out buying the cheapest one, which was perfectly fine.  Then recently bought the Ultra Soft.  Immediately we both noted that it was very strange.  In a way that might be hard to imagine, it’s actually too think and too soft.  This country is crazy! Excess excess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well they had (still have ?) levander - scented toilet paper . . . one of my favorite "why didn't I think of that before"items

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.